Thursday, September 07, 2006

24 weeks

Had my 24 week appointment today and now I'm starting to meet with some of the other doctors in the practice, just because it can be either one of them that could deliver Jackson. Dr. Arnold assured me he was growing strong and everything looked great. I gained ANOTHER 5 pounds! Yikes! That is 15 total now! He said that was perfect and to keep it up! I have my glucose test (tests for gestational diabetes) at my next appointment at 28 weeks. Then at 30 weeks I go in for a checkup every two weeks and starting at 36 weeks, every week! It is getting closer!!!

I also am starting to feel what are called round ligament pains as well as Braxton Hicks contractions. It feels like a muscle spasm in my belly! Sometimes they are painful but more than anything uncomfortable! :-( The doc said this was normal, just my body "practicing" for the big day!

I know a lot of you are wondering when is a good time to come up to see him. I would prefer if you were all here for the delivery so I asked Dr. Arnold what their protocols were for inducing labor. He said normally they will let a healthy baby go to 42 weeks but that they did have extenuating circumstances when they would induce labor earlier. I told him that we have all of our family coming in from out of state and that they wanted to be present at the birth. He let me know it would not be a problem IF Jackson is healthy and a good weight, there was no problem scheduling an early induction of a week to two weeks earlier than his due date. That would be right before Christmas. Anyways, it is an option we have whether we choose to take it or not. It would definitely help everyone's travel plans unless he desires to make his grand entrance earlier!

That's all for now!
Steph

0 comments: