Well today was my first internal exam appointment. I was so nervous I actually had butterflies in my stomach sitting in the waiting room. I also had to pee so bad because I drank so much water and I was holding it for when I had to give my urine sample. Well, turns out my doc was running behind schedule and I had to sit in the waiting room with a full and heavy bladder! The secretaries at the front were asking me if I was okay because I was making these horrible faces! :-) I think they thought I was having contractions! Finally got into see Dr. Montgomery ( the last doc I had to see). He was really nice and more importantly gentle! It was more so a lot of pressure than anything but not too bad. I had told him that I was feeling a lot of pelvic pressure and felt like he was going to fall out! I also told him I hadn't noticed if I had "dropped" or not or if I did I couldn't tell. He told me he would know once he did the exam. Sure enough I was right! Jackson has dropped! He didn't check to see if I was dialated or not (he said there was no reason) but he said I was at 0 (zero) station which was farther along than most at 36 weeks! He told me that that meant he was engaged in my pelvis and would most likely not turn breech. Also primigravidas (women having their first baby) typically engage before labor and may enter labor at -1, 0 or even +1 station. I was so excited!!! Maybe this means he'll be a little early! I've read that some doctors think that labor is imment when a woman gets to 0 - +1 station. We'll see soon enough! I also gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks! Two weeks ago I was 132....now 136. Must have been that Thanksgiving meal!!! MMMMmmmmm!!!! He also said don't hold our breath for a 10 pound baby. He looks like he'll be a little peanut! Yeah for me!
When I got home I had to finish up my work for the day and I started having contractions (Braxton Hicks). I decided to time them just for fun and they were coming every 8-11 minutes for over 3 hours! But they were only lasting a couple of seconds so nothing to get excited about! :-( I think it might have been from my internal exam today which brought them on. They were not painful just uncomfortable. They told me to call when they are 5-6 minutes apart and lasting 60-90 seconds. Well I'm off to bed. I think I'll put my bag in the truck just in case!
Good night!
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
36 week appointment
Posted by TheSamuelFamily at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment