Check out my two favorite men!
Well, we made it through the first week! Whew! What a whirlwind! I can't remember life before sleepless nights, 3am feedings, poopy diapers and the trials of breastfeeding!!!!! This is no walk in the park! Nevertheless, one look at this little guy's face and my heart melts! It is all so worth it!!!
We got home from the hospital last Monday, December 18th. Lucky for us we had Grandma Ginn (Scott's mom) waiting at home to help get us through! What a lifesaver! She cooked, cleaned, did laundry, and of course gave unconditional love to Jackson! I don't think we would have made it through the week without her! Tuesday we had a nurse come to the house to do a check up of both Jackson and I. He got a thumbs up from the nurse weighing in at 6 lbs 3 ounces. They say babies can lose up to 10% of their birthweight before they leave the hospital, luckily he didn't. The first night was crazy!!!! We had his Pack-n-Play in our bedroom. Any little sound he made the covers were flying off and I was at his side making sure he was okay. Needless to say I did not get any sleep! This was also probably the worse day for me since my milk had come in. When the nurse checked me I was completely engorged!!!! She just looked at me like you poor thing! I was miserable! It literally looked like I had a boob job! They were painful to the touch and even more painful when he nursed. The nurse had to massage the milk out while Jackson was feeding and it had to have been equal to the pain of the contractions I had giving birth!!!! I sat there crying my eyes out while she did this. Luckily after this was over breastfeeding got better.
Wednesday Scott and I went and bought me nursing bras. It turns out that the nursing bras I had bought from Motherhood Maternity were too small and were not fitted properly. That was what was making me engorged! So we went to the hospital's lactation store and got fitted for nursing bras. Literally later that day it was so much better!!!!
Thursday night I started feeling sick like I was coming down with the flu. I was getting cold and hot and had muscle aches. I also had a fever of 100.8. I called my doc and she informed to me take some Tylenol and rest. Soon after that I was feeling so much better.
Friday was Jackson's first pedi appt. I was scheduled to see the doc after him. (We have the same doc). He weighed 6lb 6oz. Doc said he looks great and is gaining weight fast! That night we also decided to put him in his own room to try and get some sleep. I was a little nervous but at the same time was lacking in sleep! To my surprise he did so well!!!! I maybe got up 2 or 3 times to feed throughout the night and the rest of the time I got to sleep!!! It was great!
Sunday (Christmas Eve) we had to take Grandma Ginn to the airport. :-( It was so nice having her here the first week. Now that I'm feeling better and able to do things it's a little easier to take care of him. When we got back he slept and slept and did well again last night. We also opened our Christmas gifts. It was nice being at home, the three of us, spending Christmas Eve together as a family.
Well that was our week in a nutshell. My dad, stepmom, Alyson and Chris are coming to visit today (Christmas Day) They ended up going straight to Aunt Gloria and Uncle Rob's because my grandfather is in the hospital. Hopefully he'll get better soon and we'll make a trip out to North Carolina to see him and let Jackson meet his great grandpa. Scott's dad, stepmom and brother Nic are coming this Thursday and staying a week as well. Uncle Mat and Aunt Amanda are planning on coming mid January. We can't wait for everyone to meet him!!!!
Well that's it for now.....someone is hungry!!!! :-)
Love,
Steph
Monday, December 25, 2006
Our first week
Posted by TheSamuelFamily at 12:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment